At BWM our investment philosophy is rooted in research that dates back to before The Great Depression. Markets are fickle in short periods (1-3 years), but offer great opportunity for the deliberate, patient long term investor.
- Seek to use the capital markets in the manner they have worked best historically
- Seek to add value by building portfolios that target higher expected returns in a cost-effective manner
- Use a dynamic, market-driven process with a flexible trading strategy
- Seek to manage the tradeoffs that matter for performance—balancing competing premiums, diversification, and costs
- Encourage investors to stick to an investment plan exercising patience in the midst of market turbulence and momentum
- Rebalance. This strategy forces us to methodically sell high (assets that have performed well) and buy low (assets that are out of favor).
We do not:
- Time markets by high trading in and out of holdings in a given year
- Act as speculative traders
- Predict the future, even with an informed view.